Custom Camera GigE Camera 1394 Platform
Start with an ISG custom camera platform to get all the benefits of a custom camera, with fast time to market, at low cost for OEM volumes.
“Octopus” Custom GigE Camera / 1394 Camera Platform
Custom GigE or FireWire cameras with up to 8 remote sensor heads
This low-cost custom camera platform supports up to eight remote sensor heads, allowing you to replace multiple separate cameras in your vision system and dramatically reduce system cost. We can create remote sensor heads with any image sensor of your choice, CCD or CMOS. You can even select a different sensor for each head. Sensor head cables can be up to 50 feet long for maximum flexibility.
A high-performance Linux processor, large FPGA and associated memory systems enable us to integrate multiple imaging and system functions into a high-performance industrial camera system designed specifically for your OEM application. From this custom camera platform, ISG will quickly develop and deliver OEM cameras tailored to your needs, at very low cost in OEM volumes. Engineering development charges and minimum order quantities apply.
The Octopus camera platform supports multiple I/O combinations including GigE Vision, CameraLink, 1394b FireWire and support for monitors. Other customization possibilities include customer-specific image processing algorithms and built-in system control capabilities using the on-board workstation-class CPU.
Octopus custom GigE camera platform key features
- Freescale PowerPC Linux processor
- Altera FPGA
- Separate memory (DDR and flash) for CPU and FPGA
Image sensor options
- 8 remote sensor heads with image sensor of your choice
- Choose a different image sensor for each camera head if desired
- Sensor head cables up to 50 feet long
- Choose from one of four different industrial camera I/O combinations
- GigE Vision plus CameraLink
- GigE Vision plus two (2) 1394b FireWire 800 ports
- GigE Vision plus monitor
- USB2 port
- Triggers and strobes
Additional industrial camera features
- ISG integrated image processing pipeline
- On-board digital pan and zoom
- Full SDK/API and graphical user interface (GUI) software
- Very low cost for OEM volumes